Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Poetry Book Club Discussion: Matthew Zapruder's The Pajamaist


I hope you all enjoyed Zapruder's book -- I just finished on the commute home. I think this was a good book to read slowly. If Poetry Book Club has taught me anything, it's that a book a poetry needs to be savored/digested/pondered for a period of time.

Here are the discussion questions. I'll be posting my response later. I'm off to a Carol Muske-Dukes interview event.

Discussion Questions

Overall, did you like the book? What about it did you like?

Were there specific poems that spoke to you? Which ones? Why?

Was there anything that confused you about the overall book? What was it?

Were there any individual poems that confused you?

How would you describe the author's style? How did he use language to convey images, ideas, or voice?

How would you describe the structure of the book? Did you see any sense of movement or progression from one poem to the next?

Would you choose to read this author again? Why or why not?

2 Comments:

Deb said...

Wow. It's that time already? I will have to come back and post. For some reason I had the 29th in my brain.

Jessica said...

aack! I'm 4 days early - I thought I was behind! I've had the 24th on the brain, even though *I* wrote the 29th. I will repost this on the 29th.