Monday, June 4, 2007

Poetic Verbs, May 19-June 4

I'm not feeling very poetic today. Today was one of those rough days at work, when it sucks to be a manager and a worker. I had to convey bad news to my staff, when all I wanted to do was run to the mall. Right now, I'm mostly interested in curling up on my couch and watching trashy TV. (Hello, Hell's Kitchen.) At any rate, as my students would say, would I like some cheese with my whine?

Before this afternoon, I did get a lot of poetic actions this week, including:

* writing a haiku
* reading other participant's Poetry Thursday posts
* reading most of Becoming a Villainness (review forthcoming)
* posting my online resume
* finishing my final (finally), so that I can have time to write and read again
* opening up June's Poetry Book Club selection for voting

This week, my dad's coming into to town, so I'll try to squeeze in poetry, in between the fun.

1 Comment:

Snoskred said...

Hi, it's Snoskred here. I've recently become a blogging chick and have set myself a challenge to comment on as many Blogging Chick blogs as I can. So that's why I'm here. ;)

Some days trashy tv is the answer to everything, even if it's not very poetic. :) Sorry your day was rough. I hope tomorrow is better. It's already tomorrow here in Australia. ;) And we have the final to Australia's Next Top Model tonight, so I'm all fired up for some trashy tv myself.. ;)

Snoskred
http://snoskred.blogspot.com/