Thursday, June 21, 2007

#12 -- Sidewalk Garden

For the past couple of days, I've been posting haiku that are inspired by a recent walk I took in my neighborhood with my digital camera. I live about 4 blocks from downtown Minneapolis, so most of my neighborhood is comprised of apartment buildings and stores. However, in a hill above my house there are some really lovely city houses with gardens. This is where I took the majority of my pictures.

This has also helped me to get a jump start on my 100 Haiku project, because it had been pretty stalled. I've been trying to write 100 urban inspired haiku, with a focus on the seasons, as is traditional with haiku. However, it seemed like winter was a more evocative season for the city, until I found these flowers. Click on the 100 Haiku label to read the others. Enjoy!



Sidewalk Garden

In concrete confines,
a manufactured chorus,
voices singing spring.

5 Comments:

Rob Kistner said...

Very crisp... well done!

An excellent image of a garden.

Regina said...

Flowers can make any place brighter! I love it when people take the time to plant a little something that flowers- it always so cheery!
A wonderful haiku!

Anonymous said...

Nice haiku! I enjoy looking at the flowers too!

Anonymous said...

I like the haiku!

Tammy Brierly said...

"manufactured chorus" was a stunning line! Nice one!