Saturday, November 10, 2007

Shameless Self-Promotion & Other Random Bits

I had a nice surprise earlier this week when the editor from Dark Party Review emailed me. He asked to republish my poem, "Walking to Work, 5:42 AM," which I wrote for Totally Optional Prompts two weeks ago. You can check out the poem here. This was an especially nice surprise because the editor was kind enough to give me advice about starting an online journal and I got to discover a cool journal to add to my Google Reader.

Also, my editor for Uptown Neighborhood News let me know that my November article on the Minnesota Book Awards will be republished on TC Daily Planet, an aggregator of community newspapers in the Twin Cities metro. It'll be up in the next couple of days. Two good publication news in one week! I scored!

In non me-related news, Fertile Ground is hosting an interesting monthly prompt for November. They picked an anthology that the members will submit to, after completing some online workshopping of the potential submissions. I think this is brilliant! Pursuing publication can be so inherently competitive that it's really daring to create a collaborative community around publication opportunities. I'll definitely be participating in this challenge...

6 Comments:

piscadoro king fisher said...

cool blog i'm glad i found it. i love poetry.

the fat cat spat
and hissed until i kissed
her padded paw
and then she purred
like the rhyming of a word
and that was all.

thanks for being a poet there should be more. keep creating and sharing.

mb

Anonymous said...

This is all really great news, Jessica. Congratulations. *smiles*

Jessica said...

Thanks Mike & ceridwen!

Jo said...

Hey, huge congratulations to you. And I just found the Fertile Ground prompt today and will be taking part too....

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jess. Onward and Upward!

JLF

jillypoet said...

Thanks for linking to us! Great publication news for you! How exciting!