Saturday, March 24, 2007

A Spring Day, Finally





Today, we went to Minnehaha Falls in Minneapolis and hiked. (The falls, by the way, get their name from Longfellow's poem, Song of Hiawatha. The Minnehaha Falls are off of Hwy 55, Hiawatha Avenue.) I took my crappy digital camera with me and spent some time collecting images. I felt pretty blessed to be alive, holding hands with my husband, and watching nature wake up again.

As we squelched through the mud, I was reminded of e.e. cummings' poem In Just-- , when he calls spring mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful. No balloonmen at our park whistling wee, though. Just families with kids and couples with dogs.

It would have been nice.


1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post, mud and all! I enjoy taking a nature walk with my husband every chance we get! In fact, I just posted this slideshow you might enjoy.