Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Not a *Real* Poetry Thursday Post


Time got away from me this week, so I'm not going to be posting for Poetry Thursday. This week's optional prompt is about writing definitions to words we don't know the definition for. I wish I had the time to attack this prompt with the attention it deserves, but I don't right now.

So, instead, I'm going to provide a link to a book review of Harryette Mullen's amazing book, Sleeping With the Dictionary. In this book, Mullens engages in a lot of dictionary word games, including alphabetical poems and S+7 Poems. She really gets to the root of a lot of our language quandaries in a funny and whimsical (not in a bad way) way. If you don't have it in your collection, you should now.

By next week, I should have a PT post again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this book by Mullen - glad to see you join even if to suggest some reading! Hope you are well.

Anonymous said...

ps:

You've probably done this a thousand times before nevertheless, I tagged you! Come play if you feel like it!