Monday, January 28, 2008

Help Pick the February/March Poetry Book Club Book

While discussion on January's Poetry Book Club, Matthea Harvey's Modern Life, will commence on January 31, it's time to pick February/March Poetry Book Club book. So, the poll's up, and here are links to our five options:

Rae Armantrout – Next Life
Mary Ruefle – Indeed I Was Pleased With the World
Anna Moschovakis – I Have Not Been Able to Get Through to Everyone
Graham W. Foust – Necessary Stranger
Leilani Hall – Swimming the Witch

I must be in an odd mood, because many of these books are a little "different," to use a Minnesota euphemism. But, I think they'll all create an interesting discussion. Please vote by February 5, so that we can get ready to discuss the book by March 1. Happy voting!

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jessica. I vote for Swimming the Witch.

They all look like excellent choices, so I'll be happy reading any of them. :)

Deb said...

I'm for Hall, too. Second choice Foust. But I'll read anything that gets picked.