Friday, March 2, 2007

#6 -- Today


This is the second of many posts, I'm sure, over the next weekend. Love the snow days -- I'm actually planning on being bored for once. Boredom, of course, breeds writing. This is a very Minnesotan haiku. After almost 15 years of living here (on and off), I think I can now finally, identify myself as one of them.

This picture was taken outside of my building this afternoon. So far, we have 9.5 inches in my city, and up to 11 out in the 'burbs.


Today

We unbury our
selves, shovel burdens and
pray for them to melt.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

A lovely haiku.

Simple but fraught with meaning.

Anonymous said...

Nice haiku - I'm in 65 degree weather out here, and oddly, am missing the snow.

Unknown said...

Beautiful picture and lovely haiku...

...we had rain this morning in NYC and I was thoroughly soaked! I like rain though and I like being soaked. It's like wearing a poem to me...

Mary J. said...

Lovely little poem. We had heavy rain yesterday, nearby tornadoes, and a terrible bus accident, but no snow down here. I miss it.

Jessica said...

I'm jealous of everybody's weather... especially, pwadj. But *I* got to stay home yesterday. :)

Thanks for the comments.